Most of the HP printer users generally face the “HP printer Offline” issue. This is a very annoying moment when you are working and you are the hp printer showing offline on windows 10. If you have received this error message then the first thought that comes to mind is “Why the Printer is “Offline”? status. There can be many reasons behind this issue. Some of the main reasons, here are the reasons:
- The USB cable is not connected properly or may be damaged.
- HP printer turned off.
- “Use Printer Offline” mode is not selected.
HP printers are known for their quality-driven results, the printer is an extremely useful device that fundamentally helps us in established work. However, as we said it is very common to encounter the “Printer Offline” error, so if you are facing issues and want to get my hp printer from offline to online, then here in this article, you will get the solution to fix the error. So, let us get started!
Why is my hp printer says it’s offline?
If your HP printer showing the offline status, it clearly means that the printer is having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from the connectivity issues to a fault with the printer
What are the tips to fix hp printer offline error?
By following some of the easy tips you can fix hp printer offline error, so let us begin:
- Change the Printer settings.
- Go to the Control Panel of the computer that is connected with the printer.
- Select the option labeled as “Devices and Printers”.
- Next, you need to check if the printer is properly installed or not.
- Then go through the default printer settings.
- After that, on the list, choose the option labeled as “What’s printing”.
- Now, in the home window queue, you need to choose the printer tab.
- Go through the option to make use of printer offline.
- Start the printer and in addition to this reinstall the printer motorists.
- Also, don’t ignore to restart the printer spooler.
- The next time, you need to click on the home window=R key and type service.msc and click on the “Ok” button.
- When the service how the window opens, visit the option printing spooler service.
- In the long run, you have to select the restart choice on the menu.
How to modify properties of HP printer?
You can modify properties of HP printer to fix hp printer offline error:
- Visit the control panel and go through the drivers and printers.
- The next step is to go through the printer and from the menu and choose the printer properties.
- Now, on the home window, you have to go through the ports tab.
- After that from the list, you have to choose the IP of the printer.
- Additionally, you need to choose the configure port option.
- Uncheck the SNMP position enabled then choose the “OK” button to be able to save all the changes.
How to reinstall Printer driver?
The second step you can take is to reinstall the Printer driver, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- To reinstall the HP printer driver on your personal computer.
- You first need to visit the control panel and select the “Motorists and printers” option.
- After this, to uninstall the HP printer driver, right tap on the printer and choose the options on remove device.
- In the confirmation windows, just select the “Yes” button.
- Then download the original HP printer driver from the HP support website and reinstall it properly.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
So, by following the process above to fix hp printer offline error, we hope that you are now clear with the solution and able to fix the error. However, if you are still unable to stop hp printer keeps going offline, then you are suggested to download HP Printer Assistant driver from the official website. On the website, you can also get assistance from professional experts or technicians available online.