For any users, it is very much important to find the HP printer model number from the HP printers. Knowing the printer model and the serial number will help you to purchase the correct cartridges when you will replace them next. Since every printer works with a specific series of the cartridge, you need to make sure you have to buy the appropriate printer cartridge for the machine. If you accidentally purchase the wrong cartridge for the printer, you won’t be able to print. Through this article, you will get to learn the steps or the set of instructions to find hp printer model by serial number.
How to locate the HP printer model number?
The easiest and the most convenient way to find the printer model is by looking at the front of the printer. It just depends on what printer you are using, the model name could be on the machine and it is generally very much close to the control panel. The printer model number can also be located on the top of the machine. Here, you can find the printer model name on the front side of the printer to the right side of the control panel. Here are two types of labeling to identify the printer:
- Printer series name: The name of the brand and group of similar printers, starts with the letters.
- Printer model number: There is a group of numbers or combinations with the letters that will follow the series name. Together with the series name. You need to carefully look for the same.
Where to find hp printer model by serial number?
You should be able to find the printer model and that is one of the important things to be considered. Well, here are the steps that you need to follow for the hp printer model number:
- First of all, you need to start by searching on the front of the printer.
- The printer model could be located on the top or bottom of the printer.
- You need to understand that the printer model could be found on the top portion of the printer that is generally visible on the control panel.
- Just find the Control panel on the printer.
- Your printer model could be located either from the top or the bottom.
- On some of the printers, the printer series and the model number may be in different locations.
- You now have to open the top cover of the printer, exposing the ink cartridge holder.
- The printer model may be found inside this area.
- If all else fails, you can find your printer model in the user guide, quick setup guide installation CD that was included with the printer, or on the packaging box itself.
- Though this is an option we highly suggest that you search you are printer to get the exact model or name.
We hope that you are now clear with the steps and set of instructions to find or trace down the hp printer model number on the HP printer. However, if there are still some issues that are persisting on the screen. On the website, you will get professional assistance round the clock with a proper set of solutions. You are also suggested to download the HP Printer Assistant from the official website if you have queries in the process.