The HP printers are commonly used and they are the major manufacturer of the printers for personal and professional use. You may use any printer there is a common issue that is usually faced by the user. Like such users you might face issues when you forgot, lost the hp printer wifi password and as a result, you will be unable to access or use the printer. If you are a beginner and do not know how to find hp printer wifi password, this article will surely help you. So, let us begin and learn more about it!
How to setup HP printer with a default hp printer password?
You just have to review the settings for Wifi direct and then create an all-new password while being able to change the name of the printer via the embedded web server of the printer itself. Here are the steps to setup HP printer with default hp printer password:
- Press the Wifi Direct symbol in case of the printers that have the touch screen control panel display.
- Press the “Settings” symbol for turning this feature on or off and also change your connection method to make sure that it needs a password which is Manual or Automatic mode.
- For those printers that do not have touch screens, you can easily print the reports from WIfi direct that have all the information that you wish.
- These steps will help you to reset the password while changing the name of the printer.
- Make sure that the printer is linked to the same network as your mobile device.
- Get the IP address of the printer and the unique identification figure that the printer has on the network.
- For those printers without control panel displays, print out the network configuration page for getting the IP address.
- Printers with touchscreen, the IP address will show in the network settings or the wireless menu.
- You now need to type in the IP address for the internet browser and then tap on the “Enter” for opening the embedded web server.
- Now, you have to choose the Network-wifi direct status and a message that will show that you are redirected to a new page that is secured with HTTPS.
- After this, you have to choose the “OK/ Redirect to HTTPS” option and choose the “Advanced” button if the message “Your connection is not private” pops up on the screen.
- Select the “Proceed” button.
- Now, you need to choose the “Edit” settings option on the screen for wifi Direct status to get the desired changes that are made by you.
- Just tap on the “Apply” button to complete the process.
What are the different ways to find the default hp printer password?
Here are the different ways to find the hp printer wifi password:
- Use a standard password: This is the first option to test the username and password combinations. There is no limit and you can try o enter the combinations as many as times you wish to. However, you need to wait for some time as the printer may prevent you from trying too many attempts. Here are some of the combinations that you can try:
- Print and settings page: Most of the printers allow you to print a standard page that clearly contains the current settings for the printer. In layman’s terms, it might contain the standard username and the password information for your printer. All you need to do is access the network information and the other technical information is visible that contains the wifi direct username and the password.
- Check the manual: Remember, reading the manual can be tricky sometimes. However, the manual that contains often has very interesting information. The HP representatives on the website can assist you.
- Check the printer: Keep the best for the last, to find hp printer wifi password, you need to access the settings page for the printer successfully. Closely take a look at the printer and try to locate any default hp printer password.
We hope that these tips help you in order to find the hp printer wifi password. However, if you are still not able to succeed, then you need to try to contact the HP Customer support team via the official website and get assistance from the team related to hp printer wifi password-related issues. You can also download the HP Printer Assistant driver from the website.