There are some of the users for Windows 10 that are facing the issues such as the HP printer in error state. The printing process is blocked by a system issue that is prompting when the HP printer is in an error state. So, what is this error all about? Generally, the issue is caused by the system permission settings, corrupted drivers, or the system conflicts. In order to help you to fix the hp printer in error state windows 10. Here in this article, you will get the instructions to fix the HP error. So, let us get started!
How to get back the HP printer hp printer in error state?
In order to get back the printer when the HP printer is in an error state, then you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to make port settings changes by a tap on the Windows logo key+ R.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and tap on the “Enter” to open the “Device Manager” option.
- Click on the “View” on the top menu, select the “Show hidden devices” option.
- Right-click on the Ports (COM & LPT) and select the option labeled as the “Properties” window.
- Select the “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” option.
- You have to check the box that is next to the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” option.
- Click on the “OK” option and reboot your computer and see if you fixed up the issue.
- Make sure that your printer is Online, for this you have to open the “Control Panel” and tap on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Select the “Printer”, and if you see that your printer has the Offline status and right-click on t and tap on the “Use Printer” option.
- Select the “Printer” option and if it was able to go online then you will see the “Ready” message instead of Offline.
- Reinstall the printer driver, open the control panel and select the “View By Large” icons.
- Click on the “Devices and Printers” option and right-click on the printer and select the “Remove” device.
- You have to confirm the device removal and restart the computer.
- After the PC reboots, it will automatically detect and install the printer.
- Set the Print spooler service to automatic.
- Press the shortcut keys and type “services.msc” in the Run box and press the “Enter” button.
- Select the Print spooler service in the right pane and first make sure that you tap on the “Start” button.
- Right-click on the “Printer spooler” option select the “Properties” option.
- In the General tab, you have to select the “Startup type” to Automatic from the drop-down menu.
- Close the “Services” window and restart your computer to see if it fixed the issue.
- Update Windows, if it finds any updates, let it complete the process and restart the computer.
- After rebooting your PC, just check if updating Windows fixed the issue.
By concluding we hope that this article has helped you to hp printer in error state. However, if you have queries related to the topic then you are recommended to visit the official website and download hp printer assistant or hp print and scan doctor so that you can get the proper guidance to fix up the issues.