If you are using an HP printer then you might be aware of the concept that you will get a variety of options from scanning and copying to printing and fax. If we talk about scanning, in particular, it allows you to read almost any type of 2D images like photographs or drawings. Once you have scanned the image, you can send it directly to your pc or computer, this is known as HP scan to computer. Remember, most HP printers do have the same buttons to do the scanning, so it doesn’t matter that what type of HP printer you own. There is a need for an HP software CD to be loaded into your computer first. The complete process is elaborated in this article for beginners. So, let us get started!
What are the steps for hp envy 4500 scan to computer?
In this section, you will learn the essential steps to scan via HP printer:
- First of all, you need to install the HP software that came with your printer.
- After this, if it is already installed, then you need to open the program on your computer.
- Just put the file that you wish to scan on the glass scanner facing down.
- You need to make sure that the edges of the paper touch the sides with the arrow pointing to it.
- Now, you have to select the logo of the wrench on the software program, this is known as a “Setting” button.
- You have to choose the type of file that you are scanning from the section you want.
- Just tap on the “Scan Picture” or “Scan Document” button on the screen.
- You need to wait for the printer to finish the scanning process.
- The HP software will prompt you where you wish to save your document.
- You need to select a location on your computer and tap on the “OK” button.
Point to remember:
You need to be very clear about following these steps in a chronological manner to avoid interruptions in the process that requires for HP scan to computer.
What to do if the HP printer is not scanning with the computer?
There can be a situation, where your HP printer won’t scan with the computer, Well, in that case, you need to follow the instructions that are given below:
- Place the document on the scanner glass and select the “Copy” option.
- If the printer is making a copy that is fine then the printer hardware is fine.
- You have to unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to the “Control Panel” and go to the “Programs and feature” tab.
- After this, you need to select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Follow the instructions that are prompted on-screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we are hoping that you are very much clear with the set of instructions that are described here for processing the HP scan to computer procedure. However, if you have any queries related to the topic or you are stuck in the process then we recommend you to visit the official website and get assistance from professional experts. You can also download hp printer assistant from the official website to resolve the queries if any.