If your printer is not connected to hp printer not connecting to wifi, then you don’t worry. You can easily fix the hp printer not connecting issues then you can easily try the solution that is shown in this article. There can be different causes when the hp printer not connecting to the computer occurs its likely that the USB cable is damaged or the printer is not detected by the computer. There can be other issues such as the printer suddenly stopped working so for every issue you can easily try the instructions that are directed in this article.
Solution 1: You can check the printer connection
- Restart you printer
- First of all, you need to power off and then power on the printer to restart it.
- Wait for a while for it to be completely ready.
- Check the connection issue, if your printer is connected by the USB cable then make sure that the cable is not damaged and it is connected firmly and correctly.
- Check the network connection.
- Update the printer driver, there are basically two ways to update the printer driver, manually and automatically.
Solution 2: You can download Driver Easy
The driver easy will automatically recognize the system and find the correct drivers for the same. You do not need to know exactly what system your computer is running and you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver and you do not need to worry about making a mistake when installing or when you face the issue where the hp printer not connecting to the internet. You can easily update the drivers automatically either with free or the pro version and it just takes 2 clicks. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to download install the Driver easy.
- Now, you have to run Driver Easy and tap on the “Scan Now” button.
- Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any problems drivers.
- Tap on the “Update” button that is next to the flagged printer to download the correct version of the driver.
- Install it on your computer or tap on the “Update all” to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or not updated.
- Restart your computer to see the effect.
- Just try to use the printer again to see if it’s connecting.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot the printer issues
You can easily try the troubleshooting tool to diagnose and fix the printer issues related to the hp printer not connecting to wifi error. Here are the steps to do it:
- First of all, you have to open the “Control panel on your computer and click on the option labeled as “view by large icons or small icons”.
- Tap on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- You need to find the printer and right tap on the printer and then select the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Let the computer troubleshoot the issue and then follow the on-screen steps to fix hp printer cannot connect to server issue.
Solution 4: Restart the Print spooler service
The print spooler service spools the print jobs and handles the interactions with the printer. If the service is not working or the hp printer not connecting to computer then you won’t be able to see the printer and your printers won’t be connected on your Laptop. So, you can restart the Print spooler service in order to fix the issue. Here is the step you need to follow:
- On the keyboard, you have to click on the “Windows logo key” and “R” at the same time to go to the “Run” box.
- You now have to type the “services.msc” and tap on the “OK” button.
- Scroll down and find the Print spooler service.
- If the service is running, then you have to right-click on the service and then select the “Stop” option.
- Right-click on the service and then tap on the “Start” option to restart the service.
- If the service is not working then you have to right-click on the service and then tap on the “Start” to run the services.
- You now have to restart the computer and try the printer again and check if it is still connected or facing the issues.
We hope that by the end of this article you are now clear with the instructions to be followed to fix the hp printer not connecting error. However, if you are still stuck with the error then you are requested to visit the official website and get assistance from the technical experts via the customer support page. You can also download and fix the issues in the process by downloading the HP Printer Assistant driver.